Lender C&I - VP
|Title:||Lender C&I - VP|
COMMERCIAL LENDING OFFICER
Responsible for origination of quality and profitable, commercial business loans. Must have experience in all aspects of C & I Lending. Develop new-to-bank business relationships, and achieve established individual, department and bank goals by actively leveraging a book of business and building partnerships with the retail bank team. The incumbent will also ensure professional execution of loan transactions including structuring and preparing credit proposals, reviewing legal documentation, monitoring compliance issues, managing loan closings and clearing exceptions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve an annual new loan production of $15 million or higher.
- Originate and underwrite loans for working capital, facilities, term loans and C & I commercial mortgages ranging from $500M to $6MM to small businesses.
- Ensure loans are structured and underwritten to meet customer needs, ensures credit quality, and minimize credit risk.
- Ensure accurate, complete, and timely preparation of reports and performance statistics for senior management.
- Responsible for managing entire relationship with all business clients. Participate in civic, government, professional, business, community affairs, and other associations build new business.
- Participate in annual client reviews as required.
- Work with branch personnel and otherinternal referral sources to generate pipeline for lending and retail business.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors’ products and pricing.
- Ensure that these activities are carried out in accordance with all regulatory, legal, and governmental regulations.
Key Strengths and Qualities
- Proven leadership ability and business maturity with excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills and strong written communication abilities including for executive level.
- Excellent consultative selling skills to acquire and manage new banking relationships.
- Focused and energetic business development abilities and demonstrated innovative approaches.
- Analytical ability including accurate problem solving skills when reviewing financial information and developing banking solutions for customers.
- Proven track record of managing his/her time in order to be visible yet effective in the market for new business generation.
- Formal credit training
- Credit memo writing
- Experience in Underwriting
- Ability to determine Cash Flow, Loans 500K an Plus
Background and Experience:
- Experience covering clients in the NY tri-state area with annual revenues of $1MM-50MM required.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a small business lending and/or community banking environment.
- Proven track record of producing $15 million in loan production two to three consecutive years.
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required.
- Successful completion of a formal bank credit training program preferred.
- SBA 7A and 504 experience desirable.
- Must have prior experience managing, retaining, and growing portfolios.
- Must bring an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of small business banking and an ability to learn new products and services quickly.
- Must possess the ability and knowledge to offer sophisticated financial solutions and services while emphasizing the local feel of a community bank.
- Proven ability to profile client needs; make appropriate inquiries; understand client credit needs and offer sound and marketable solutions.
- Knowledge of loan closing documents.
- Knowledge of banking operations, systems, compliance, and regulatory issues.
- Experience in Commercial Mortgages
- Equipment Financing
- Extensive experience with Commercial & Industrial Lending (C & I)
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications