Junior HR generalist/Payroll Specialists
Company: Carver Federal Savings Bank Location: Harlem - Manhattan, NYC
Department: Human Resources Compensation:
$50k - $58K, Plus Benefits
We are seeking a junior Human Resources Generalist and Payroll Specialist that will have responsibility over payroll processing, employee information changes, benefits, compensation, and management of employee data within the HRIS system. The incumbent will also be responsible for support in the recruiting process, compiling data, running reports, human resources support and handling special projects.
- Process bi-weekly payrolls for salaried/hourly employees using 3rd party vendor (ADP), and Accounting
- Manage and ensure accuracy in entering new hires, promotions, pay rate changes, terminations, and other data into the payroll system.
- Responsible for payroll recordkeeping (payroll reports, timesheets, managing timekeepers)
- Ensuring appropriate amounts/deductions/taxes/direct deposit/garnishments are calculated and applied to the various accounts
- Responds to departmental inquiries and issues related to payroll information and works to resolve issues and problems in an expeditious and satisfactory manner
- Ensure compliance and appropriate filings with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations, including FMLA, FLSA, COBRA, HIPAA, Workers Compensation, and EEO
- Documents payroll processes and procedures.
- Analyze and process data related to employee compensation, including merit increases, bonuses, pay adjustments, commissions and long-term incentives
- Prepare compensation statement
- Support CHRO in all compensation initiatives including bonus programs and salary increases
ADMINISTRATION/REPORTING / RECRUITMENT
- Manage equity/LTIP and 401k plan - Processing deduction, tracking and tax payment with 3rd party vendors
- Work with employees in accessing benefits ( 401k and equity plans)
- Prepare and communicate information to employees and former employees about benefit programs, procedures, changes, and government-mandated disclosures
Background and Experience
- Support the recruiting process by screening candidates and organizing interviews and follow up
- Process, track and reconcile HR related expenses
- Prepare and submit monthly headcount reporting, overtime, turnover and other ad hoc reports
- Creating and maintaining personnel files including compliance with DOL regulations
- Assisting HR Manager with collecting, copying, and filing paperwork
- Creating termination packages and conducting exit interviews
- Conduct reference checks and create offer letters upon manager request
- Provide reports and support during annual audits relating to Payroll, 401(k) 5500, and HR filings.
- Interacting with HR-related vendors
- Process/add new hire paperwork to ADP HR system
- Performing general administrative tasks
- Update organizational charts
- Completing additional HR duties/ projects to meet business needs
- Maintains internal controls to eliminate risk factors within the department.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience in payroll, benefit, compensation, recruiting and HR administration
- Working knowledge of payroll administration a MUST
- Familiar with Human Resources administrative functions
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. Advance with Excel.
- Excellent communication/writing/proofreading skills
- Requires professional demeanor and appropriate working relationship with employees
- Flexibility to work with multiple and changing priorities with attention to details
- Deadline and detail oriented
- Experience working with highly confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to make sound judgments on a day-to-day basis regarding assignments with minimum supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experienced required
- Experience with ADP strongly preferred.