Personal Banker (Manhattan)
|Title:||Personal Banker (Manhattan)|
The Personal Bankers are the “frontline sales force”. Their responsibilities include acquiring new clients, cross selling, community outreach/development, retention and portfolio management. They are required to understand, enforce and be coached on the Bank’s sales process. This position is critical to the sales-generation and customer service of the branch.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the STARS sales process, which includes the use of Your Money Map, cross-sell, 10 day follow-up call after account openings.
- Develop and execute an individual sales plan for every portfolio customer involving tactics for growing the relationship.
- Responsible to achieve individual sales goals/targets, contributing toward the achievement of branch-wide new acquisition, deposit growth, fee income, referral, and cross-sell targets.
- Acquire New Clients– Demonstrate growth by acquiring new customers thru outbound calling, engaging customers, and following thru on teller referrals.
- Cross selladditional products and services to existing customers.
- Customer Outreach/Development– Schedule appointments and perform on-site visits or perform outbound telephone calls to community members/businesses to discuss financial solutions; a minimum of two visits/calls with community organizations per week.
- Retention– Leverage existing customers to uncover their financial needs by reviewing current relationship, identifying solutions and discussing options with the customers.
- Portfolio Management– Pro-actively work with an assigned group of customers to deepen their financial relationships by effectively cross-selling other products and services or referring to business partners.
- Teleconsulting – Plan and conduct outbound telephone calls to portfolio customers and/or prospects a minimum of one hour three days per week.
- Complete account opening process ensuring appropriate ID is obtained, signature cards completed.
- Follow up with customers post-account opening at the following intervals: 10 days, 6 weeks and three months.
- Fulfill customer service requests to ensure customer satisfaction and retention
- Identify sales opportunities by turning a service issue into a sale (especially life event changes).
- Promote alternate channel delivery (Online Banking, Debit Card, ATM ) making day-to-day banking more convenient for customers.
- Responsible to perform service behaviors as measured in the bank Customer Survey Program, contributing toward the achievement of maximum customer satisfaction and the highest branch ratings.
- Open new financial relationships
- Deepen existing financial relationships thru cross-selling
- Sales referrals to internal partners (e.g. Lending Group, Investment Group)
- Set appointments for account reviews
- Outbound telephone calling
Background / Experience:
- Adheres to sales processes and action plans
- Listens to and acts upon instructions
- Demonstrates accountability
- Excellent verbal communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Team oriented
- Microsoft Excel and Word experience preferred
- Minimum two years in a sales position preferred
- Some type of retail experience preferred
- Knowledge of various bank products, services, regulations and compliance procedures
- Notary of Public preferred
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications