Chief Risk & Audit Officer
|Title:||Chief Risk & Audit Officer|
Chief Risk/Audit Officer
The Chief Risk/Audit Officer will oversee and coordinate various risk management and monitoring functions for Carver, including work with the Risk Management Committee to facilitate the Enterprise Risk Management process; manage and assist as needed the internal audit function for the Company; oversee the Compliance and BSA functions; serve as liaison to the Company’s external auditor, and primary regulators,; and assist the Board of Directors and Senior Managers of the Company with meeting all industry compliance requirements. The incumbent will also be responsible for the development and management of the Bank’s SOX 404/ FDICIA compliance design, implementation and reporting.
Essential Duties and Critical Responsibilities:
- Organize and facilitate the Risk Management Committee’s activities with respect to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Oversee the internal audit function, whether performed using in-house resources or outsourced resources.
- Develop a testing plan and perform periodic risk assessments of the company’s internal controls as required.
- Assist in the development of risk assessments, audit plans, audit programs and internal audit reports.
- Determine and approve risk, scope and frequency of services to be provided by any outsourced internal audit firms.
- Review work performed by any outsourced internal audit firm to determine that it meets the requirements of the Bank and the Finance and Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the professional standards, and the standards of the FFIEC guidance on internal audit.
- Maintain contact with the Bank’s primary regulatory representative to coordinate periodic examinations.
- Develop, maintain and annually obtain approval of the Audit Charter.
- Work with Senior Managers of the Bank to educate and coach them on timely, accurate and complete preparation for internal audits and periodic external audits and regulatory examinations.
- Review services provided by all outside auditors on an annually basis and submit results to the Finance and Audit Committee.
- Oversee the compliance-related activities of the Bank.
- Respond to compliance questions (i.e. BSA, General Compliance Privacy) including implementation and monitoring strategies.
- Manager or prepare documentation, review and walk-through of all Standard Operation Procedures.
- Track identified deficiencies and work with business owners towards resolution.
- Manage the external audit of SOX 404/FDICIA and the Bank’s SOX 302 certification process.
- In connection with the Company’s CFO, review all new accounting pronouncements and their applicability to Carver.
- 7-10 years of experience in increasingly responsible positions in internal audit or public accounting with a principal focus on banking.
- Strong proficiency in auditing, accounting standards and principles; CPA or other professional certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of bank regulatory issues, rules and regulations at the Federal, State and local levels, and experience with such agencies.
- Strong knowledge of SOX
- Knowledge of fraud prevention and detection.
- 6 years of regulatory compliance examination or compliance officer experience.
- Strong leadership and project management skills.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Understanding of the SEC implementation rules related to SOX 302 and 404 Compliance.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to effectively present information to management, auditors and regulators and respond to questions from same.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstracts and concrete variables.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications